East Bay News
Antioch house fire started by new car
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- An Antioch family is looking for a new place to live after their house was destroyed in a fire.
Officials say the blaze started in the garage of the home on Blue Jay Drive just before 11 O'clock Wednesday night.
It quickly spread to the attic of the home. Everyone inside, including four children, managed to get out of safely.
"My oldest daughter noticed the fire and she said mom, mom there's flames coming from the garage and I tried to open the door to the garage but there was so much flames," displaced home owner Letitia Beshears said.
Firefighters believe the fire was caused by the parked car in the garage. The owner of the home said she was having problems with the car when she bought it two weeks ago.
antioch, fire, car fire, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up 9 min ago
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 21 min ago
- Family of slain TSA agent files claim for $25M 46 min ago
- Rivers refuses to apologize to women held captive 18 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 9 min ago
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued