East Bay News
Woman shot during home invasion in Union City
UNION CITY, Calif. -- A woman was shot by one of three suspects who forced her inside her Union City home at gunpoint on Monday night, police said.
Police responded to the shooting on Hanford Street at 10:17 p.m.
Three suspects had confronted the 62-year-old woman outside of her home and then forced her back inside at gunpoint, police said.
At some point a fight broke out between the suspects and one of the residents, and one of the suspects opened fire.
Only the woman was struck by gunfire, but her son had been hit in the head and also required medical attention. The three suspects ran away, police said.
The woman and her son were taken to a hospital. The woman required surgery and the extent of her injuries is not yet clear. The son's injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Anyone with information about the shooting has been asked to call Union City police at (510) 471-1365.
union city, crime, shooting, home invasion, east bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation 19 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack 51 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening 16 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
6 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos