East Bay News
OPD: Three of four missing kids found safe
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police have confirmed that three of the four kids that went missing have been found safe.
At 6:15 a.m., a Patterson resident contacted OPD Dispatch after hearing the children's names on the news. She said the three youngest of the four children were in her care. The children are in good physical condition and are being returned to Alameda County.
The location of 16-year-old Alyajah Marie Johnson is unknown at this time, but efforts to locate her are continuing.
This all started on Monday on the 900 block of 63rd Street in North Oakland. Police got a call that a three-year-old was found face down in the bathtub, but when paramedics arrived the child was dry and clothed. Paramedics were able to revive him. The boy was transported to a local hospital by paramedics after his babysitter reported that he was unresponsive. Oakland police began an investigation due to the extent and nature of injuries and evidence of past physical abuse. The child is currently in a life threatening condition.
The children's mother, step-father, and babysitter have been charged with inflicting injuries on a child. They have been identified as 20-year-old Reana Rose Jackson, 27-year-old Aaron Tillman and 24-year-old Szakyahha Safiyyah Williams. They are being held at the Santa Rita Jail. Williams bail has been set at $150,000 and she faces charges of inflicting injuries on a child and assault on a child.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of 16-year-old Alyajah Marie Johnson, an African-American female, is urged to contact the Oakland Police Department Family Youth Services Division at (510) 238-3641.
oakland, missing person, children, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday