East Bay News
OPD search for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police want someone to come forward and help them find the driver who left the scene after hitting and killing a bicyclist.
The accident happened at 81st Street and International Blvd. around 9:35 p.m. Wednesday night. Investigators believe the man was dragged for at least 100 feet after being hit by a dark colored sedan. The victim, believed to be in his 40s, died at the scene.
"We found skid marks on the scene so it indicates that the person did try to avoid [sic] so they have knowledge that they did hit this person, so it's a definite hit-and-run accident," Officer Jim Gordon said.
Investigators returned to the crime scene today to see if surveillance cameras at local businesses might provide any clues into locating the hit and run driver. They're also looking for a vehicle with a damaged windshield.
The coroner has not released the victim's name.
hit and run, OPD, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case