East Bay News
OPD search for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police want someone to come forward and help them find the driver who left the scene after hitting and killing a bicyclist.
The accident happened at 81st Street and International Blvd. around 9:35 p.m. Wednesday night. Investigators believe the man was dragged for at least 100 feet after being hit by a dark colored sedan. The victim, believed to be in his 40s, died at the scene.
"We found skid marks on the scene so it indicates that the person did try to avoid [sic] so they have knowledge that they did hit this person, so it's a definite hit-and-run accident," Officer Jim Gordon said.
Investigators returned to the crime scene today to see if surveillance cameras at local businesses might provide any clues into locating the hit and run driver. They're also looking for a vehicle with a damaged windshield.
The coroner has not released the victim's name.
hit and run, OPD, east bay news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 35 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420" 54 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 17 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 27 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 15 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
37 min ago
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos