East Bay News
One-alarm fire damages house Thursday evening
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A one-alarm fire caused extensive damage to a home in Brentwood Thursday evening, a Contra Costa Fire Protection District dispatcher said.
Firefighters were dispatched at about 4:15 p.m. when fire was reported at a home at 140 E. Sims Road, the dispatcher said.
No one was injured, and the blaze was declared under control just after 5 p.m., the dispatcher said.
The cause remains under investigation.
brentwood, fire, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 7 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos