East Bay News
Martinez man arrested for domestic violence assault
BENICIA, Calif. -- Benicia police arrested a Martinez man Thursday for allegedly ramming his ex-girlfriend's Volkswagen Beetle with his Nissan pickup truck.
Martinez police informed Benicia police around 10:35 a.m. Thursday that a woman called to report her ex-boyfriend was following her and she feared for her safety, Benicia police Lt. Frank Hartig said.
Benicia police went to the 1500 block of East Fifth Street in Benicia where the ex-boyfriend, 35-year-old Russell Clark, allegedly rammed his ex-girlfriend's car, Hartig said.
The 31-year-old Martinez woman left the area and drove to the Benicia-Martinez Bridge, Hartig said. Clark also crossed over the bridge before police arrived at East Fifth Street, Hartig said.
Benicia police then learned Clark was at Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center for a medical condition unrelated to the alleged vehicle collision, according to Hartig.
Benicia and Vallejo police went to the hospital and Clark was arrested and booked into the Solano County jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, Hartig said.
The investigation determined Clark cut off his ex-girlfriend's Volkswagen in Benicia, Hartig said. The right front of the pickup struck the left front of the Volkswagen, he said.
When Clark realized his ex-girlfriend was talking on the phone to police, he backed up his pickup directly into the left side of Volkswagen while his ex-girlfriend was in the driver's seat, Hartig said.
The Martinez woman was not injured. The couple had recently ended a lengthy relationship, Hartig said.
domestic violence, benicia, martinez, crime, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body