East Bay News
Man found dead in mobile home Friday
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man found dead in a mobile home late Friday night was the city's third homicide of the evening after two shooting deaths on separate sides of the city, according to police.
A caller reported a possible homicide to police at 10:57 p.m. after a suspect told the caller that he had killed a man in a mobile home. Police found the victim's body inside the mobile home in the 2400 block of 24th Avenue a short time later.
While the man's cause of death has not yet been released, police said he was a victim of homicide.
The suspect who told the caller he was responsible remains at large, but police said that his identity is known.
Earlier in the evening, police responded to two shooting deaths. The first occurred in the 1000 block of 102nd Avenue at 6:25 p.m., according to police spokeswoman Officer Johnna Watson.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a man suffering from a fatal gunshot wound. One male suspect was arrested in connection with that shooting, Watson said.
Less than an hour later, police responded to another shooting in the 1600 block of 11th Street at 7:20 p.m., according to Watson.
Police discovered a young man lying in the street suffering from a fatal gunshot wound. Medical personnel pronounced the victim dead at the scene, police said.
Watson said police do have information on a suspect vehicle connected with the 11th Street shooting but are not yet releasing that information.
Anyone with information about the homicides has been asked to contact the Oakland Police Department Major Crimes Section at (510) 238-3821.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
37 min ago