East Bay News
Man found shot to death on freeway off-ramp
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man was found shot to death shortly before noon Tuesday in a car parked on a freeway off-ramp in East Oakland, police said.
The 20-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was discovered at 11:44 a.m. today near the intersection of Mountain Boulevard and Kuhnle Avenue, at the end of the Seminary Avenue off-ramp from westbound Interstate Highway 580, Officer Johnna Watson said.
She said police believe the man was shot elsewhere and driven to the location, where he was left in a car by the driver.
The location where the man was found today is only a short distance from where a man was shot to death at about 6:10 p.m. on July 1.
That victim's dead body was found a short time later in a vehicle in the 7300 block of Sunkist Drive in Oakland.
Watson did not say whether investigators believe there is any connection between the two homicides.
oakland, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday