East Bay News
Woman's body found inside motel in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland homicide detectives are on the scene of a killing at the Starlite Motel on 100th and MacArthur. They're already saying this will be a tough one to solve.
When police arrived at a corner room at the motel, they found a man trying to perform CPR on the woman. A dispatcher was on the phone with him trying to guide him through it, but it was too late. Police believe the woman was shot. Police said there was a lot of blood in the room.
The woman has not been identified, but police believe she is an Oakland resident.
Police don't have any witnesses and said the man who did CPR knew her, but they didn't elaborate. No motive has been established and no arrests have been made.
This is Oakland's seventh homicide since Friday.
oakland, OPD, crime, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 6 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos