East Bay News
Woman's body found inside motel in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland homicide detectives are on the scene of a killing at the Starlite Motel on 100th and MacArthur. They're already saying this will be a tough one to solve.
When police arrived at a corner room at the motel, they found a man trying to perform CPR on the woman. A dispatcher was on the phone with him trying to guide him through it, but it was too late. Police believe the woman was shot. Police said there was a lot of blood in the room.
The woman has not been identified, but police believe she is an Oakland resident.
Police don't have any witnesses and said the man who did CPR knew her, but they didn't elaborate. No motive has been established and no arrests have been made.
This is Oakland's seventh homicide since Friday.
oakland, OPD, crime, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday