East Bay News
Grass fire burns 3 acres near point Pinole Regional Park
PINOLE, Calif. -- A grass fire burned about 3 acres near Point Pinole Regional Park on Friday night, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby homes, according to Rodeo-Hercules fire officials.
The fire was reported at 8:51 p.m. behind homes in the 1200 block of Lettia Drive, fire officials said.
Firefighters also responded from the Richmond and Pinole fire departments and the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and extinguished the blaze at 10:23 p.m.
No one was injured during the fire and no structures were damaged, according ton fire officials.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, pinole, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars 54 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 57 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord 30 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body