East Bay News
Grass fire burns 3 acres near point Pinole Regional Park
PINOLE, Calif. -- A grass fire burned about 3 acres near Point Pinole Regional Park on Friday night, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby homes, according to Rodeo-Hercules fire officials.
The fire was reported at 8:51 p.m. behind homes in the 1200 block of Lettia Drive, fire officials said.
Firefighters also responded from the Richmond and Pinole fire departments and the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and extinguished the blaze at 10:23 p.m.
No one was injured during the fire and no structures were damaged, according ton fire officials.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, pinole, east bay news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 45 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 17 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday