East Bay News
Grass fire burns 3 acres near point Pinole Regional Park
PINOLE, Calif. -- A grass fire burned about 3 acres near Point Pinole Regional Park on Friday night, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby homes, according to Rodeo-Hercules fire officials.
The fire was reported at 8:51 p.m. behind homes in the 1200 block of Lettia Drive, fire officials said.
Firefighters also responded from the Richmond and Pinole fire departments and the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and extinguished the blaze at 10:23 p.m.
No one was injured during the fire and no structures were damaged, according ton fire officials.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, pinole, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos