East Bay News
Grass fire burns 3 acres near point Pinole Regional Park
PINOLE, Calif. -- A grass fire burned about 3 acres near Point Pinole Regional Park on Friday night, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby homes, according to Rodeo-Hercules fire officials.
The fire was reported at 8:51 p.m. behind homes in the 1200 block of Lettia Drive, fire officials said.
Firefighters also responded from the Richmond and Pinole fire departments and the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and extinguished the blaze at 10:23 p.m.
No one was injured during the fire and no structures were damaged, according ton fire officials.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, pinole, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 49 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos