East Bay News
Grass fire burns 3 acres near point Pinole Regional Park
PINOLE, Calif. -- A grass fire burned about 3 acres near Point Pinole Regional Park on Friday night, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby homes, according to Rodeo-Hercules fire officials.
The fire was reported at 8:51 p.m. behind homes in the 1200 block of Lettia Drive, fire officials said.
Firefighters also responded from the Richmond and Pinole fire departments and the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and extinguished the blaze at 10:23 p.m.
No one was injured during the fire and no structures were damaged, according ton fire officials.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, pinole, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 36 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 19 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote 35 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer 1 min ago
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP 52 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
36 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
1 min ago