East Bay News
Police arrest man who exchanged gunfire with officer
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Benicia police have arrested a suspect they say shot at a Benicia police officer during a traffic stop Saturday night.
The officer stopped the suspect, identified as 22-year-old Robert Flores Folster of American Canyon, for a minor traffic violation. Benicia police say Folster shot at the officer. The gunfire shattered the windshield of her patrol car, but she was not hit and returned fire. The suspect drove off and abandoned the car he was driving, which turned out to be stolen out of Napa.
The shooting led to a massive manhunt. Police launched an intense search of the neighborhood around Columbus Parkway and Rose Drive.
Police finally arrested Folster this morning at a Vallejo location that police had staked out because he was known to go there.
A woman and child left behind in the stolen car were taken into protective custody.
benicia, guns, carjacking, east bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 49 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 5 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 42 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 54 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
42 min ago