East Bay News
Police arrest man who exchanged gunfire with officer
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Benicia police have arrested a suspect they say shot at a Benicia police officer during a traffic stop Saturday night.
The officer stopped the suspect, identified as 22-year-old Robert Flores Folster of American Canyon, for a minor traffic violation. Benicia police say Folster shot at the officer. The gunfire shattered the windshield of her patrol car, but she was not hit and returned fire. The suspect drove off and abandoned the car he was driving, which turned out to be stolen out of Napa.
The shooting led to a massive manhunt. Police launched an intense search of the neighborhood around Columbus Parkway and Rose Drive.
Police finally arrested Folster this morning at a Vallejo location that police had staked out because he was known to go there.
A woman and child left behind in the stolen car were taken into protective custody.
benicia, guns, carjacking, east bay news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 38 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 53 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 7 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos