East Bay News
Police arrest man who exchanged gunfire with officer
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Benicia police have arrested a suspect they say shot at a Benicia police officer during a traffic stop Saturday night.
The officer stopped the suspect, identified as 22-year-old Robert Flores Folster of American Canyon, for a minor traffic violation. Benicia police say Folster shot at the officer. The gunfire shattered the windshield of her patrol car, but she was not hit and returned fire. The suspect drove off and abandoned the car he was driving, which turned out to be stolen out of Napa.
The shooting led to a massive manhunt. Police launched an intense search of the neighborhood around Columbus Parkway and Rose Drive.
Police finally arrested Folster this morning at a Vallejo location that police had staked out because he was known to go there.
A woman and child left behind in the stolen car were taken into protective custody.
benicia, guns, carjacking, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 56 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 46 min ago
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 40 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday