East Bay News
Police arrest man who exchanged gunfire with officer
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Benicia police have arrested a suspect they say shot at a Benicia police officer during a traffic stop Saturday night.
The officer stopped the suspect, identified as 22-year-old Robert Flores Folster of American Canyon, for a minor traffic violation. Benicia police say Folster shot at the officer. The gunfire shattered the windshield of her patrol car, but she was not hit and returned fire. The suspect drove off and abandoned the car he was driving, which turned out to be stolen out of Napa.
The shooting led to a massive manhunt. Police launched an intense search of the neighborhood around Columbus Parkway and Rose Drive.
Police finally arrested Folster this morning at a Vallejo location that police had staked out because he was known to go there.
A woman and child left behind in the stolen car were taken into protective custody.
benicia, guns, carjacking, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 25 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 33 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 7 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 47 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 55 min ago