East Bay News
Police arrest man who exchanged gunfire with officer
BENICIA, Calif. (KGO) -- Benicia police have arrested a suspect they say shot at a Benicia police officer during a traffic stop Saturday night.
The officer stopped the suspect, identified as 22-year-old Robert Flores Folster of American Canyon, for a minor traffic violation. Benicia police say Folster shot at the officer. The gunfire shattered the windshield of her patrol car, but she was not hit and returned fire. The suspect drove off and abandoned the car he was driving, which turned out to be stolen out of Napa.
The shooting led to a massive manhunt. Police launched an intense search of the neighborhood around Columbus Parkway and Rose Drive.
Police finally arrested Folster this morning at a Vallejo location that police had staked out because he was known to go there.
A woman and child left behind in the stolen car were taken into protective custody.
benicia, guns, carjacking, east bay news
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 29 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 20 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 24 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 31 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 7 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday