East Bay News
Football star Marshawn Lynch arrested for DUI
OAKLAND, Calif. -- ABC7 News has learned Former Cal Bear and current NFL Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested over the weekend by the CHP for DUI.
Lynch was arrested in East Oakland on Saturday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Lynch, who plays for the Seattle Seahawks and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, was pulled over by a CHP officer on Interstate Highway 880 early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI, CHP Officer Hector Baiza said.
Lynch was cooperative with officers and went back to the Oakland CHP office for a breath test. The result of the test showed that Lynch had a blood alcohol content of over .08 percent, Baiza said.
He was then taken to Santa Rita Jail in Dublin where he was booked for the DUI charges and released after about two hours.
Lynch was the second all-time career rusher at Berkeley, running for 3,230 yards in his time as a Golden Bear.
In 2011, Lynch had a career-best professional year running for 1,204 yards and scoring twelve touchdowns. Last March Lynch signed a four-year, $31 million contract with the Seahawks.
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland, cal bears, DUI, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 31 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
22 min ago