East Bay News
Football star Marshawn Lynch arrested for DUI
OAKLAND, Calif. -- ABC7 News has learned Former Cal Bear and current NFL Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested over the weekend by the CHP for DUI.
Lynch was arrested in East Oakland on Saturday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Lynch, who plays for the Seattle Seahawks and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, was pulled over by a CHP officer on Interstate Highway 880 early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI, CHP Officer Hector Baiza said.
Lynch was cooperative with officers and went back to the Oakland CHP office for a breath test. The result of the test showed that Lynch had a blood alcohol content of over .08 percent, Baiza said.
He was then taken to Santa Rita Jail in Dublin where he was booked for the DUI charges and released after about two hours.
Lynch was the second all-time career rusher at Berkeley, running for 3,230 yards in his time as a Golden Bear.
In 2011, Lynch had a career-best professional year running for 1,204 yards and scoring twelve touchdowns. Last March Lynch signed a four-year, $31 million contract with the Seahawks.
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland, cal bears, DUI, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 11 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
13 min ago