East Bay News
Woman tracks down stolen goods on Craigslist
An East Bay woman was able to recover valuables stolen from her home by doing some of her own detective work.
Last July 3, someone broke into the woman's home and took a Tiffany watch and bracelet, as well as some computer equipment.
The victim began to monitor Craigslist and eventually found her things for sale. She notified police and then the real detectives took over.
"They called the person that posted it and asked him some questions about the items and then they scheduled an appointment to meet with him, to look at the items and view them and once they confirmed that he indeed possessed the items, they took him into custody," San Leandro Police Lt. Randall Brandt said.
Police say the woman's detective work helped them tremendously, but they warn victims not to try to recover stolen items on their own.
Bryson Bagby, 23, is being charged with possession of the stolen merchandise, but police think someone else burglarized the home.
crime, craigslist, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 7 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 56 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Jayden Amys wins San Jose Future Chefs Challenge 6 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos