East Bay News
Police seek 4th suspect in fatal San Ramon robbery
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- San Ramon police issued an arrest warrant for a fourth suspect wanted in connection with a deadly jewelry store robbery.
Michael Porter, of Hayward, is wanted on a $300,000 warrant for robbery, false imprisonment and conspiracy in connection with the May 30 attempted robbery of the Gold-N-Treasures store on San Ramon Valley Boulevard.
Eighteen-year-old Kibrom Bairu was shot and killed by the store owner during the robbery. Two other suspects face murder charges. Both men are being charged under the Provocative Act Doctrine where defendants can be convicted for actions that provoke a killing, even if they didn't do the killing themselves.
san ramon, shooting, hayward, crime, east bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan