East Bay News
Brush fire extinguished south of Oakland Airport
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Alameda County firefighters made quick work of a brush fire south of the Oakland Airport Thursday.
The ABC7 News Sky 7HD crew noticed the smoke shortly after 2 p.m. and went to check it out. They found a small fire burning on a strip of land on Doolittle Drive and Davis Street.
Firefighters quickly put it out and no structures were threatened.
oakland, oakland international airport, brush fire, fire, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
54 min ago