East Bay News
Police search for armed robbery suspect in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are on an intense manhunt for one of two armed robbery suspects in East Oakland. The other is in custody. Police are using dogs and searching door to door on Hamilton Street near 76th Avenue.
There were a lot of confused neighbors in that area. People literally walked out of their homes and saw the heavy police presence. Oakland police have cornered off Hamilton Street and 76th Avenue over to Spencer and 76th Avenue.
Oakland police received a call at 9 a.m. about a robbery near the Coliseum BART station. It's not clear if the robbery happened on BART property or simply near the station, but when police arrived they say they saw two suspects fitting the description of two men wanted in two earlier robberies. As officers approached the suspects they say the two men took off on foot running in two different directions.
Oakland police were able to capture and detain one mail suspect and he is now in police custody. The second male suspect took off on foot and they believe he is hiding in the area.
Heavily armed officers are going door to door looking for the second male suspect. Ironically today, there will be a press conference held by city leaders and the Oakland Police Department on areas related to gun crime.
crime, OPD, shooting, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 15 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos