East Bay News
Police search for armed robbery suspect in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are on an intense manhunt for one of two armed robbery suspects in East Oakland. The other is in custody. Police are using dogs and searching door to door on Hamilton Street near 76th Avenue.
There were a lot of confused neighbors in that area. People literally walked out of their homes and saw the heavy police presence. Oakland police have cornered off Hamilton Street and 76th Avenue over to Spencer and 76th Avenue.
Oakland police received a call at 9 a.m. about a robbery near the Coliseum BART station. It's not clear if the robbery happened on BART property or simply near the station, but when police arrived they say they saw two suspects fitting the description of two men wanted in two earlier robberies. As officers approached the suspects they say the two men took off on foot running in two different directions.
Oakland police were able to capture and detain one mail suspect and he is now in police custody. The second male suspect took off on foot and they believe he is hiding in the area.
Heavily armed officers are going door to door looking for the second male suspect. Ironically today, there will be a press conference held by city leaders and the Oakland Police Department on areas related to gun crime.
crime, OPD, shooting, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago