East Bay News
San Leandro BART station reopens after shooting
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- The San Leandro BART Station has reopened and service fully restored more than two hours after a shooting was reported there, a BART spokesman said.Police received reports of shots fired in the station's concourse level just before 9:50 p.m. Saturday night, BART spokesman Jim Allison said.
No one was injured in the shooting, and police continue to search for the shooter.
The station was closed at about 10:10 p.m. and passengers were advised to head to nearby stations and board an AC Transit bus to reach the San Leandro Station.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing, and no suspect description was immediately available.
shooting, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 36 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 51 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 38 min ago
- Family of slain TSA agent files claim for $25M 14 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 47 min ago
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 19 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 58 min ago