East Bay News
Two-alarm grass fire burns at Benicia State Park
BENICIA, Calif. -- A two-alarm brush fire burned for more than two hours in Benicia State Park today, a dispatcher said.
The fire was first reported at about 11:20 a.m., a Benicia Fire Department dispatcher said.
Firefighters from Benicia, Vallejo and Fairfield responded.
No one was injured, and firefighters had the blaze under control by 2 p.m., the dispatcher said.
There was no immediate estimate of acres burned, and the cause was under investigation.
benicia, fire, east bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 52 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files lawsuit in SF over security breach 8 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos