East Bay News
Swimmers warned about bacteria at Shadow Cliffs
PLEASANTON, Calif. (KGO) -- The East Bay Regional Park District says the level of coliform bacteria in the water at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton exceeds state health levels, but it's not enough to close recreation at the reservoir.
Swimmers are being told to not swallow the water and to take a shower and dry off thoroughly after their swim.
A park spokeswoman says it's not unusual at lakes to have high bacteria readings during hot periods in the summer.
pleasanton, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 45 min ago
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame 19 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption 38 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos