East Bay News
Swimmers warned about bacteria at Shadow Cliffs
PLEASANTON, Calif. (KGO) -- The East Bay Regional Park District says the level of coliform bacteria in the water at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton exceeds state health levels, but it's not enough to close recreation at the reservoir.
Swimmers are being told to not swallow the water and to take a shower and dry off thoroughly after their swim.
A park spokeswoman says it's not unusual at lakes to have high bacteria readings during hot periods in the summer.
pleasanton, east bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 5 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase 56 min ago
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 24 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 32 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
24 min ago
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos