East Bay News
Swimmers warned about bacteria at Shadow Cliffs
PLEASANTON, Calif. (KGO) -- The East Bay Regional Park District says the level of coliform bacteria in the water at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton exceeds state health levels, but it's not enough to close recreation at the reservoir.
Swimmers are being told to not swallow the water and to take a shower and dry off thoroughly after their swim.
A park spokeswoman says it's not unusual at lakes to have high bacteria readings during hot periods in the summer.
pleasanton, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 1 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer 46 min ago
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos