East Bay News
Massive Lego display in San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO (KGO) -- A massive Lego display has gone up in San Leandro. It recreates countrysides, villages, and even has running trains. There's also a medieval town and a carnival with working rides. Star Wars fans can check out the Millennium Falcon and battle scenes.
Most of it is the creation of Johannes Van Galen. He says he does it to relieve stress, "It's just a relaxing thing. It keeps your mind on something, focused. If you have problems or anything, you just do something else."
Van Galen estimates about a million pieces make up the displays, though he won't even guess how much he's spent on it all.
san leandro, art, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos