East Bay News
Concord man in jail for hitting, killing woman
MARTINEZ, Calif. (KGO) -- A Concord man is in jail after witnesses say he struck a woman and killed her in front of several people.
Police say the two got into a fight around 7:30 p.m. Saturday on the steps of the Martinez Chamber of Commerce.
Witnesses say the man hit the woman, then walked away from the scene.
Jason Castillo, 25, of Concord was arrested and booked on $1 million bail. Police will only say the victim is a 47-year-old woman from Martinez.
concord, martinez, east bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday