East Bay News
Man killed in motorcycle accident in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Livermore early this morning, police said.
An officer on patrol found the motorcyclist around 12:30 a.m., Livermore police Sgt. Keith Graves said.
The motorcyclist was found near the intersection of Murrieta Boulevard and Portola Avenue, police said.
Graves said the man is believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Murrieta Boulevard when he may have lost control around a turn and collided with a sound wall.
The intersection was blocked off and should be reopened around 6 a.m., police said.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation and the name of the deceased man has not been released.
livermore, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 46 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos