East Bay News
Man killed in motorcycle accident in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Livermore early this morning, police said.
An officer on patrol found the motorcyclist around 12:30 a.m., Livermore police Sgt. Keith Graves said.
The motorcyclist was found near the intersection of Murrieta Boulevard and Portola Avenue, police said.
Graves said the man is believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Murrieta Boulevard when he may have lost control around a turn and collided with a sound wall.
The intersection was blocked off and should be reopened around 6 a.m., police said.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation and the name of the deceased man has not been released.
livermore, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 23 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 23 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday