East Bay News
Man killed in motorcycle accident in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Livermore early this morning, police said.
An officer on patrol found the motorcyclist around 12:30 a.m., Livermore police Sgt. Keith Graves said.
The motorcyclist was found near the intersection of Murrieta Boulevard and Portola Avenue, police said.
Graves said the man is believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Murrieta Boulevard when he may have lost control around a turn and collided with a sound wall.
The intersection was blocked off and should be reopened around 6 a.m., police said.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation and the name of the deceased man has not been released.
livermore, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos