East Bay News
Man killed in motorcycle accident in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Livermore early this morning, police said.
An officer on patrol found the motorcyclist around 12:30 a.m., Livermore police Sgt. Keith Graves said.
The motorcyclist was found near the intersection of Murrieta Boulevard and Portola Avenue, police said.
Graves said the man is believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Murrieta Boulevard when he may have lost control around a turn and collided with a sound wall.
The intersection was blocked off and should be reopened around 6 a.m., police said.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation and the name of the deceased man has not been released.
livermore, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday