East Bay News
SUV accident causes power outage in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- PG&E crews are working to restore power to 59 people in an east Oakland neighborhood. The outage had knocked out power to over 600.
Shortly after 3 a.m., the driver of a black SUV hit a power pole and then crashed into a fire hydrant - causing a big mess at 81st Avenue and D Street. There are 668 PG&E customers without electricity, the SUV driver fled the scene. There is no word yet on when crews will be able to restore power, but we're told it could take hours.
oakland, PG&E, power outage, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 20 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 55 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 41 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos