East Bay News
One person killed in rollover crash in Benicia
BENICIA, Calif. -- One person was killed in a rollover crash on Interstate Highway 780 in Benicia this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Units responded to reports of an overturned vehicle on westbound 780 near an off-ramp at West Military at about 7 a.m., CHP Officer James Evans said.
Preliminary information indicates the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle was killed and pronounced dead at the scene, Evans said.
One lane was blocked by responding emergency vehicles at 7:45 a.m., Evans said.
The crash was under investigation by the CHP.
benicia, crash, I-780, east bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Crews control two-alarm grass fire in San Jose
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack 3 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos