East Bay News
Vigil held for Vacaville teen who died in jet ski accident
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- A vigil for a teenage girl who was killed in a jet ski collision in Hawaii will be held in Vacaville on Sunday at 6 p.m.
Kristen Fonseca, 16, was riding a rented jet ski near Honolulu. Authorities say she was only going about 10 miles an hour when an Australian tourist slammed into her from behind, going more than 40 miles an hour on his jet ski.
Witnesses say Tyson Dagley, 20, was standing up on his seat just before the crash.
Dagley is being charged with 3rd degree negligent homicide. He appeared in court Friday wearing a neck brace and told the judge he is very, very sorry for what happened.
However Fonseca's stepfather Mario Canton isn't convinced. "I feel like he isn't sorry for what he did to my child. He is more sorry that he is involved," Canton said.
Dagley is being held on $100,000 bail and is set to be arraigned on Tuesday.
The vigil for Fonseca is open to the public and will take place in Vacaville's Andrews Park.
vigil, vacaville, east bay news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 19 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 21 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added 13 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos