East Bay News
Vasco Road crash victim identified as San Jose woman
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A woman who died in a crash after she attempted to make an illegal turn near Brentwood on Friday night has been identified by the Contra Costa County coroner's office as Jennifer Rupe, 30, of San Jose.
The crash was reported at 9:20 p.m. on Vasco Road just north of Camino Diablo Road.
Rupe was driving a Geo Tracker north on Vasco Road when she made a U-turn for an unknown reason, CHP Sgt. Diana McDermott said. A red Toyota Camry traveling south at the 55 mph speed limit then broadsided the Tracker.
Rupe was pronounced dead at the scene.
The CHP is still investigating the circumstances of the crash, including road and weather conditions, whether the woman was wearing a seatbelt, and whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
There is a double-yellow line separating north- and southbound traffic on the stretch of Vasco Road where the crash happened.
A Sig-alert was issued 9:54 p.m. and canceled about an hour later, McDermott said.
crash, brentwood, san jose, east bay news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 4 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 23 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos