East Bay News
Oakland police seek victims of assault suspect
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A 26-year-old student who has been arrested on sexual assault and robbery charges may have committed additional similar crimes, Oakland police said Friday.
The suspect, Akim Jackson of Oakland, uses the website myredbook.com to contact his potential victims, police said.
Investigators said they believe there may be additional victims. Anyone who was a victim or may have more information about Jackson should call the department's vice and child exploitation unit at (510) 238-3641.
Jackson is a black man with a light complexion and is 6 feet tall and weights about 220 pounds, police said. He is known to drive a red 1999 Ford Mustang with a personalized license plate of SASSSYE.
Jackson was arrested in Las Vegas in late July and is now being held without bail at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin.
He is charged with kidnapping, robbery, rape and forced oral copulation.
Police said that in the two incidents for which Jackson has been charged, he allegedly used a handgun and an electronic stun device against his victims.
Jackson was arraigned after he was brought back to Alameda County and is scheduled to return to the Hayward Hall of Justice on Tuesday to enter a plea.
oakland, OPD, crime, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case