East Bay News
Dumbarton Bridge closing for seismic work
DUMBARTON BRIDGE (KGO) -- A heads up for commuters on the Dumbarton Bridge -- it will be closed for five days during the upcoming Labor Day holiday. The bridge was last closed over the Memorial Day weekend for seismic work.
The looming closure starts at 10 p.m. Friday, August 31. It's schedule to reopen Tuesday, September 4 at 5 a.m.
While the bridge is closed, crews will take the time to replace an expansion joint on the east side of the span with a state-of-the-art seismic joint, which can absorb and dissipate energy during an earthquake.
dumbarton bridge, earthquake, east bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 34 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos