East Bay News
22-year-old air force reserve airman killed in solo-crash
PLEASANTON. Calif. -- A 22-year-old woman was killed in a solo-vehicle accident early Saturday morning at a northbound Interstate Highway 680 on-ramp in Pleasanton, according to a California Highway Patrol officer and the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
Samantha Emslander, from Galt in Sacramento County, was in a convertible with another occupant, that crashed into a ditch on the side of the Bernal Avenue on-ramp around 12:20 a.m., according to CHP and the coroner's bureau.
Emslander was killed in the crash, while the other victim suffered unknown injuries, CHP Officer James Evans.
Evans said the driver reportedly had fallen asleep at the wheel. The incident remains under investigation.
Emslander's Facebook profile lists her as a 2007 graduate of Galt High School and working at Raley Field in Sacramento as a ticket operator.
She also posted she is in the U.S. Air Force.
Her hometown's Galt Herald online newspaper included a brief about Emslander in October 2009 after she graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, according to the article.
pleasanton, crash, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 28 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
28 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos