East Bay News
22-year-old air force reserve airman killed in solo-crash
PLEASANTON. Calif. -- A 22-year-old woman was killed in a solo-vehicle accident early Saturday morning at a northbound Interstate Highway 680 on-ramp in Pleasanton, according to a California Highway Patrol officer and the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
Samantha Emslander, from Galt in Sacramento County, was in a convertible with another occupant, that crashed into a ditch on the side of the Bernal Avenue on-ramp around 12:20 a.m., according to CHP and the coroner's bureau.
Emslander was killed in the crash, while the other victim suffered unknown injuries, CHP Officer James Evans.
Evans said the driver reportedly had fallen asleep at the wheel. The incident remains under investigation.
Emslander's Facebook profile lists her as a 2007 graduate of Galt High School and working at Raley Field in Sacramento as a ticket operator.
She also posted she is in the U.S. Air Force.
Her hometown's Galt Herald online newspaper included a brief about Emslander in October 2009 after she graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, according to the article.
pleasanton, crash, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 45 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
45 min ago