East Bay News
Cal/OSHA investigator criticizes federal investigators on Facebook
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- Cal/OSHA is not commenting after the agency's lead investigator into the Chevron refinery fire openly criticized federal investigators on the case.
On his personal Facebook page, Cal/OSHA's Clyde Trombettas accused them of bias, media grandstanding and scaring the public with half-truths and misleading information.
Most of the comments have been removed.
Cal/OSHA and the Chemical Safety Board announced they have agreed to preserve the accident site while their investigations continue into the August 6 fire.
Trombetta's Facebook page suggested an undercurrent of friction with the investigation as the two agencies dispute which one will serve as the lead agency in the probe.
fire, chevron, lawsuit, richmond, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 49 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 17 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 5 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
38 min ago