East Bay News
Cal/OSHA investigator criticizes federal investigators on Facebook
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- Cal/OSHA is not commenting after the agency's lead investigator into the Chevron refinery fire openly criticized federal investigators on the case.
On his personal Facebook page, Cal/OSHA's Clyde Trombettas accused them of bias, media grandstanding and scaring the public with half-truths and misleading information.
Most of the comments have been removed.
Cal/OSHA and the Chemical Safety Board announced they have agreed to preserve the accident site while their investigations continue into the August 6 fire.
Trombetta's Facebook page suggested an undercurrent of friction with the investigation as the two agencies dispute which one will serve as the lead agency in the probe.
fire, chevron, lawsuit, richmond, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday