East Bay News
Man fatally struck by ambulance on Hwy 4
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- The CHP is investigating the death of a man who ran across the freeway, after stopping his car on the side of the road.
Investigators say it happened shortly before midnight on eastbound Highway 4 in Antioch. The driver ran into oncoming traffic and was hit by an AMR ambulance in the fast lane. Officials don't know why the man left his vehicle. They have not confirmed his identity, but believe he is from Brentwood and is about 45-years-old.
antioch, highway 4, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 7 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
8 min ago