East Bay News
Man fatally struck by ambulance on Hwy 4
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- The CHP is investigating the death of a man who ran across the freeway, after stopping his car on the side of the road.
Investigators say it happened shortly before midnight on eastbound Highway 4 in Antioch. The driver ran into oncoming traffic and was hit by an AMR ambulance in the fast lane. Officials don't know why the man left his vehicle. They have not confirmed his identity, but believe he is from Brentwood and is about 45-years-old.
antioch, highway 4, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 9 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 44 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos