East Bay News
Suspect in June slaying in Emeryville arrested
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- An Oakland man sought in connection with a woman's fatal shooting in Emeryville more than two months ago has been arrested in Chico, police said.
Chico police arrested DeAngelo Eagleton, 18, for giving a false name to the officers when they executed a search warrant at an apartment at 1114 Nord Ave. last Wednesday, police said.
The warrant was obtained in connection with a number of robberies in recent weeks, police said. The search turned up several firearms and marijuana paraphernalia, according to police.
Eagleton is believed to have shot and killed his girlfriend, Taranda Jones, 18, inside her home in the 1000 block of 47th Street in Emeryville on June 4, Emeryville police officer Brian Head said.
Chico police took Eagleton into custody and fingerprints confirmed his identity, police said.
Emeryville police had a warrant for Eagleton's arrest for the murder of Jones, and were alerted by Chico police that they had found him, Head said.
Investigators conducted a formal interrogation on Sunday before booking Eagleton into Alameda County Jail, he said.
Eagleton is being held without bail and is scheduled to appear in court to be arraigned at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
emeryville, crime, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Best methods for brewing coffee at home
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos