East Bay News
Chevron opening additional help center after fire
RICHMOND, Calif. -- With thousands of liability claims being filed, Chevron announced it is opening an additional help center in North Richmond to further assist residents affected from the Aug. 6 refinery fire.
Today through Friday, Chevron will use the community room of the North Richmond Community Heritage Senior Apartments at 1555 Fred Jackson Way as an additional help center to the one at Nevin Community Center at 598 Nevin Ave. in Richmond.
As of Tuesday morning, 10,700 people have filed claims, Chevron spokeswoman Melissa Ritchie said.
Chevron is accepting claims for any property loss sustained or bodily injuries suffered from the fire, Ritchie said. Atlanta-based insurance services company Crawford and Co. is being hired to handle the claims, she said.
The help center in North Richmond will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Richmond center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
The last day residents can file a claim at the Richmond center is Saturday, although it will remain open through Aug. 31 to allow people to submit documentation to their claims.
In addition to the help centers, residents can also file claims by phone, 24 hours a day, at (866) 260-7881. The claims line will remain open if Chevron feels people are continuing to file claims, Ritchie said.
Chevron is aiming to reimburse all claims within a month as long as people provide the needed documentation, Ritchie said.
Chevron Help Center information:
The help center in North Richmond is open today through Friday August 24.
North Richmond Community Heritage Senior Apartments in the Community Room
1555 Fred Jackson Way
Richmond, CA 94801
Hours of operation:
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Wednesday through Friday (Aug. 22-Aug. 24)
Additionally, the last day to make a claim at the Help Center at the Nevin Community Center is Saturday August 25. The Help center will remain open until Friday, Aug. 31 for people to submit requested documentation for their claims in person, but they will not be accepting new claims.
Live operators are also available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for those wishing to file a claim by phone. The number is 866-260-7881.
chevron, richmond, fire, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 19 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
59 min ago