East Bay News
Concord teen driver in fatal crash appears in court
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Concord teen who allegedly hit and killed a father and daughter in a car crash earlier this year appeared in court Friday morning.
Prosecutors are charging 17-year-old David Rosen as a juvenile for the deaths of 41-year-old Solaiman Nuri and his 9-year-old daughter Haddessa.
Rosen is facing two counts of vehicular manslaughter for the fatal crash which occurred on Treat Boulevard in concord on April 7.
If convicted, Rosen faces an eight-year sentence in county jail. If he accepts a plea deal, he may be released after three years in custody at a juvenile facility.
The victims' family is angry with the decision that Rosen won't be charged as an adult.
"I lost two loved ones and it's not going to bring any of them back. All I want is justice. That's it," said Stoorai Nuri, widow of Solaiman Nuri.
The family's attorney says the family plans on suing Rosen in civil court for negligence.
concord, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 2 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
15 min ago