East Bay News
Rash of overnight violence in Oakland leaves 1 dead
OAKLAND -- A rash of crimes hit Oakland overnight, including a fatal shooting early Friday morning, police said.
The deadly shooting occurred around 12:30 a.m. in the 1500 block of 48th Avenue, according to police.
Multiple victims arrived at Highland Hospital with gunshot wounds and one person pronounced dead at the hospital. The deceased victim's name has not yet been released by police.
Earlier, a shooting reported at 9 p.m. Thursday in the 4800 block of Fairfax Avenue left a victim who had been a passenger in a car with a gunshot wound. The victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition, police said.
The suspect fled the area in a car and had not been found as of this morning.
Then around 10:30 p.m. Thursday, multiple victims arrived at Highland Hospital with injuries from a shooting in the 1200 block of 32nd Street, police said.
The victims had been driving in the West Oakland area when a car cut them off and began shooting at the car. The victims suffered minor injuries and were listed in stable condition, police said.
A carjacking was also reported at 10:50 p.m. in the 10100 block of Foothill Boulevard in East Oakland near San Leandro.
The victim was approached by an armed suspect who demanded the car. The victim complied and no injuries were reported, police said.
Later Friday morning, at about 4:30 a.m., a physical fight between two brothers was reported in the 1500 block of 27th Avenue, according to police.
One of the suspects was wielding an unknown object and both suffered minor injuries in the fight.
oakland, crime, violence, guns, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire