East Bay News
Man arrested for hit-and-run in Pleasant Hill
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested a Vallejo man in Pleasant Hill on Thursday evening after he allegedly fled from police officers in his car and struck another vehicle, injuring a woman.
Around 7:25 p.m. Thursday, Fairfield police officers attempting to locate a suspect in Pleasant Hill asked police there to stop and detain two people in a Jeep Cherokee parked at the 7-Eleven store at 7 Golf Club Road, police said.
After spotting the police officers, one of the suspects fled from the Jeep on foot and was quickly apprehended.
The second suspect got back into the car and headed south on Contra Costa Boulevard. While speeding on Contra Costa Boulevard at Viking Drive, the suspect struck another car, injuring the driver, a 56-year-old Walnut Creek woman, according to police.
The suspect then lost control of the Jeep, which rolled over several times. The driver was able to exit the car and fled on foot into the Sunvalley Shopping Center.
Officers located him later near the Interstate Highway 680 off-ramp to Sunvalley Boulevard and arrested him, police said.
The suspect, a 22-year-old Vallejo man whose name has not been released, was taken to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Walnut Creek to be treated for injuries suffered during the crash. Both suspects were later taken to county jail in Martinez.
pleasant hill, crash, hit and run, east bay news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos