East Bay News
Police investigate fatal collision on Highway 4
CONCORD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic collision involving multiple vehicles on state Highway 4 in Concord late Friday night.
At least two vehicles were involved and at least one person was killed in traffic collisions that occurred just east of the Solano Way off-ramp, according to the CHP.
CHP received initial reports of a black Honda swerving across the roadway at varying speeds around 10:38 p.m. and received subsequent reports of a vehicle in the highway center divide and another vehicle off to the right-hand side of the roadway.
According to the CHP, one of the vehicles sheared a pole during the collision and Caltrans has been called to the scene for repairs.
concord, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars 57 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord 33 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body