East Bay News
Police investigate fatal collision on Highway 4
CONCORD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic collision involving multiple vehicles on state Highway 4 in Concord late Friday night.
At least two vehicles were involved and at least one person was killed in traffic collisions that occurred just east of the Solano Way off-ramp, according to the CHP.
CHP received initial reports of a black Honda swerving across the roadway at varying speeds around 10:38 p.m. and received subsequent reports of a vehicle in the highway center divide and another vehicle off to the right-hand side of the roadway.
According to the CHP, one of the vehicles sheared a pole during the collision and Caltrans has been called to the scene for repairs.
concord, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 20 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela 23 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty 11 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year 42 min ago
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday