East Bay News
Police investigate fatal collision on Highway 4
CONCORD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic collision involving multiple vehicles on state Highway 4 in Concord late Friday night.
At least two vehicles were involved and at least one person was killed in traffic collisions that occurred just east of the Solano Way off-ramp, according to the CHP.
CHP received initial reports of a black Honda swerving across the roadway at varying speeds around 10:38 p.m. and received subsequent reports of a vehicle in the highway center divide and another vehicle off to the right-hand side of the roadway.
According to the CHP, one of the vehicles sheared a pole during the collision and Caltrans has been called to the scene for repairs.
concord, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 36 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 34 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos