East Bay News
Police investigate fatal collision on Highway 4
CONCORD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic collision involving multiple vehicles on state Highway 4 in Concord late Friday night.
At least two vehicles were involved and at least one person was killed in traffic collisions that occurred just east of the Solano Way off-ramp, according to the CHP.
CHP received initial reports of a black Honda swerving across the roadway at varying speeds around 10:38 p.m. and received subsequent reports of a vehicle in the highway center divide and another vehicle off to the right-hand side of the roadway.
According to the CHP, one of the vehicles sheared a pole during the collision and Caltrans has been called to the scene for repairs.
concord, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday