East Bay News
Small brush fire off Highway 13 extinguished
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Fire crews put out a grass fire off of state Highway 13 in Oakland this morning, according to an Oakland Fire dispatcher.
The blaze alongside northbound Highway 13 near the Moraga Avenue East off-ramp was reported around 6:10 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fire that torched some bushes and other vegetation along the roadway's right-hand side was quickly extinguished, the dispatcher said.
No further details were immediately available.
oakland, highway 13, fire, east bay news
- Fatal crash closes WB I-580 lanes in Livermore 21 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase 23 min ago
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos