East Bay News
Small brush fire off Highway 13 extinguished
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Fire crews put out a grass fire off of state Highway 13 in Oakland this morning, according to an Oakland Fire dispatcher.
The blaze alongside northbound Highway 13 near the Moraga Avenue East off-ramp was reported around 6:10 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fire that torched some bushes and other vegetation along the roadway's right-hand side was quickly extinguished, the dispatcher said.
No further details were immediately available.
oakland, highway 13, fire, east bay news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind 4 min ago
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
51 min ago