East Bay News
Small brush fire off Highway 13 extinguished
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Fire crews put out a grass fire off of state Highway 13 in Oakland this morning, according to an Oakland Fire dispatcher.
The blaze alongside northbound Highway 13 near the Moraga Avenue East off-ramp was reported around 6:10 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fire that torched some bushes and other vegetation along the roadway's right-hand side was quickly extinguished, the dispatcher said.
No further details were immediately available.
oakland, highway 13, fire, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit 4 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...