East Bay News
Flight returns to Oakland after smoke in cockpit
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A Southwest Airlines flight circled back to Oakland International Airport shortly after takeoff this morning after smoke was reported in the cockpit, an airport spokesman said.
Southwest flight No. 2899 departed Oakland for Reno, Nev., just after 9 a.m., the spokesman said.
The flight has since been canceled, according to the Southwest website.
oakland international airport, southwest airlines, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 40 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 24 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday