East Bay News
Flight returns to Oakland after smoke in cockpit
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A Southwest Airlines flight circled back to Oakland International Airport shortly after takeoff this morning after smoke was reported in the cockpit, an airport spokesman said.
Southwest flight No. 2899 departed Oakland for Reno, Nev., just after 9 a.m., the spokesman said.
The flight has since been canceled, according to the Southwest website.
oakland international airport, southwest airlines, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 9 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...