East Bay News
Tutor arrested after allegedly abusing juveniles
DUBLIN -- Dublin police arrested a man Sunday after San Ramon police notified the department that the man had possibly been involved in the child abuse of a 16-year-old victim, Dublin police said.
Dublin police arrested Hyunwoo Lee, 34, of Dublin, Sunday night after he admitted to physically abusing a juvenile, according to police.
Lee, a self-employed tutor, reportedly housed teenagers from South Korea on student VISAs that wanted to study in America, according to police.
The investigation revealed Lee physically assaulted the victim with a stick while forcing other students to watch -- and sometimes participate, police said.
Police said Lee may have been involved in multiple acts of violence in both Dublin and San Ramon between 2011 and 2012.
Lee was booked into Santa Rita Jail and charged with two felony counts of child abuse and one felony count of assault with a deadly weapon, Alameda County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Teresa Drenick said.
Lee was arraigned on Tuesday, and is set to make a plea at the Glea-Schenome Hall of Justice in Pleasanton on Friday at 9 a.m.
dublin, san ramon, east bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 17 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 45 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 5 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
6 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
17 min ago