East Bay News
Firefighters extinguish a 2-alarm fire in Concord
CONCORD, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a second-alarm fire that spread across two homes early this morning in Concord, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire in the 1700 block of Margo Drive was reported at approximately 3:01 a.m., the fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 3:51 a.m., the dispatcher said.
About 30 firefighters from the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District responded to the fire and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross was called upon to house two adults living in one of the homes, the fire dispatcher said.
fire, evacuation, concord, east bay news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 36 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 20 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos