East Bay News
Firefighters extinguish a 2-alarm fire in Concord
CONCORD, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a second-alarm fire that spread across two homes early this morning in Concord, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire in the 1700 block of Margo Drive was reported at approximately 3:01 a.m., the fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters had the fire under control by 3:51 a.m., the dispatcher said.
About 30 firefighters from the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District responded to the fire and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross was called upon to house two adults living in one of the homes, the fire dispatcher said.
fire, evacuation, concord, east bay news
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose 5 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico 42 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Report: Occidental again underreports sex assaults 10 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 38 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday