East Bay News
Oakland police investigate two separate shootings
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are investigating two separate shootings that took place late Friday night and sent three to the hospital.
The first shooting was reported around 10:49 p.m. in the 3600 block of Brown Avenue. Police say gunfire apparently went back and forth until it ended at a KFC restaurant parking lot on MacArthur Blvd.
Two people were injured and are listed in critical condition at a local hospital. Officials say one person may have been detained in connection to the shooting.
Police responded to the second shooting in East Oakland on the 8700 block of Dowling Street at 11:55 p.m. One victim was transported to a local hospital in stable but critical condition. Officials say the shooter fled the scene.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 20 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 party begins in Santa Clara
35 min ago
- Khaled Hosseini releases new book on...
17 min ago