East Bay News
Oakland police investigate Craigslist robberies
OAKLAND (KGO) -- Oakland police are warning buyers to be careful when purchasing a car through Craigslist after an East Bay couple became the latest to be robbed at gunpoint during a transaction Friday.
Our media partner the Oakland Tribune reports that the couple met the so-called seller at the Lake Merritt BART station to buy a Mercedes Friday morning, and were robbed during a test drive by two men. Investigators say the men stole several thousand dollars before forcing the couple from the car on Interstate 580 near Fruitvale Avenue.Officials are also investigating another incident that happened Saturday morning near 62nd Avenue and Outlook. Police have several tips for buying a car on craigslist -- they recommend meeting in a public place, using a cashier's check or money order, and making sure the vehicle has license plates.
oakland, craigslist, east bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane 3 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire