East Bay News
Oakland shootings leave 1 dead, 3 injured
OAKLAND (KGO) -- Oakland police are investigating a number of shootings overnight that left one person dead and three others injured.
Police say a man died in a shooting around 9 p.m. Saturday on 53rd Street, just a block from Children's Hospital. The Contra Costa Times reports the victim is 29-year old Lorenzo Ward.No arrests have been made.
This is Oakland's 81st homicide this year. That's two more than this time last year. Officials say three other people were injured in separate shootings. They are expected to recover.
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 28 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 53 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos