Paul Ryan makes campaign stop in Bay Area
DANVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan spent the day raising campaign cash in California, and made a couple stops in the Bay Area.
The Wisconsin congressman was the guest of honor at a breakfast fundraiser at the Danville home of former 49er Brent Jones and his wifeRyan then headed to Google headquarters in Mountain View and held an online chat with supporters. He took questions from supporters about a number of issues, including the economy, "We want economic growth, we want opportunity," said Ryan. "We want an opportunity society where everybody can make the most of their life. Where they can tap their potential. Where nothing stands in their way."
Ryan wrapped up the day with a fundraising dinner at the Fresno Convention Center.
paul ryan, republicans, california news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 32 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad 27 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 48 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
29 min ago