East Bay News
Brentwood teen gunned down while filming rap video
PITTSBURG, Calif. -- A teenager filming a rap video at a Pittsburg park was shot and killed Friday evening, a Pittsburg police lieutenant said.
The 18-year-old Brentwood resident was found suffering from a gunshot wound at Buchanan Park at Harbor and Buchanan streets around 6:20 p.m., Pittsburg police Lt. Ron Raman said.
Officers responded to a shooting at the park and upon arrival pronounced the man dead at the scene, Raman said.
Leading up to the shooting, a group of at least five people were making a music video when they were confronted by a group of people that police believe was known to the filming group, Raman said.
A conversation between the two parties ensued that lasted a few minutes before a suspect pulled a gun and shot the victim, who appeared to be targeted, Raman said.
Police have some leads and are talking to witnesses, but no suspects are in custody, Raman said.
The shooting occurred while the sun was still out and other people were in the park, the lieutenant said.
No other injuries were reported, Raman said.
Investigators are also reviewing surveillance videos from the area, Raman said.
Anyone with information is asked to call an anonymous tip line at (925) 427-7369.
pittsburg, shooting, east bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 10 min ago
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday