East Bay News
Brentwood teen gunned down while filming rap video
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are piecing together clues in the murder of an 18-year-old who was killed just as he was about to tape a music video at Buchanan Park in Pittsburg.
To his fans the musician was known as Mac Day. He filmed the video with his friends earlier this summer. His real name is Davon George and he was shot to death Friday evening. His uncle, Bobby White, says the family is struggling to understand the brutality of his murder.
"He's a well behaved kid. He just has a lot of love in him. And the sad thing about it is that his little brothers and sisters were there when this all unfolded," White said.
Police tell us George and about five other people were about to begin filming at Buchanan Park. That's when two other people walked up to them and an argument broke out. Investigators say George's group then started running in different directions to get away.
Police tell ABC7 News that George was shot in the back. This is an incident that happened in broad daylight and investigators say they have two suspects they're looking for and they have some pretty good leads.
There are surveillance cameras at Buchanan Park and detectives are now pouring over video from those cameras as part of this investigation. However police have not released any information on their two suspects.
George's uncle says the 18-year-old had been producing music since he was 6-years-old and recently was getting some positive attention.
"Making songs and beats for artists throughout the industry, that's what was starting to happen, they were starting to contact him," White said.
He says George's siblings who witnessed the shooting are now getting counseling because of what happened.
pittsburg, shooting, east bay news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos